Juvederm And Restylane
As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. Juvaderm or Restylane can restore volume and fullness to your skin or your lips, and help smooth out facial wrinkles and folds. Juvaderm and Restylane is an FDA-approved gel that is injected into the skin or lips consisting of a natural substance that is already present in your body to add volume and fullness to the skin.
- Both products are safe and effective.
- They cost about the same.
- They are both made of hyaluronic acid, which is a normal component of your skin’s matrix. That is why, unlike some other collagen based products, allergy testing is not needed. Because of this you can be treated on the same day as your consultation.
- Both products tend to be smooth and plane out after injection.
- Although Restylane typically lasts 6-9 months, Juvederm often lasts 9-12 months and has FDA labeling saying that it “may last up to 12 months.”
- Microscopically, Juvederm is a smoother compound than Restylane, although I am not sure that it behaves much differently in patients.
- Juvederm has a higher concentration of the active product, hyaluronic acid.
- A treatment session with Juvederm uses a complete syringe (it can’t be shared or stored for later use). Restylane is offered in both 0.4cc and 1.0cc sizes, so you have the ability to purchase a smaller syringe at a lower cost if you have a low volume issue requiring correction.